Security testing is generally a type of software testing to discover all the weak points in your information system and its applications. This is done to ensure that your data and information is protected from any possible intruder or hacker. The goal of security testing is to measure all the elements of security which includes confidentiality, authenticity, integrity, vulnerability and continuity. Security testing is most effective when performed regularly.
Why is it important?Due to the growing connectivity of your system with the internet, your software is at great risk. Software security has become the need of the hour due to the following reasons:
- Increased online transactions.
- It helps to determine that an information system secures data and maintains functional capabilities as intended.
- Avoid loss of customer trust by keeping their personal information safe and secure.
- Security testing done today can save you from the cost of securing web applications against future attacks.
We figure out all the loopholes and faults so that your system is free from any vulnerabilities. If you are in need of any security testing for your software or web applications, only get the best services from Technonics Solutions.
Types of Security Testing
- Vulnerability scanning:This is the examination of all the possible points of exploits on a system to detect all the security holes.
- Security scanning: It identifies all of the weaknesses in network or system and provides solutions for cutting these risks.
- Penetration testing: This testing includes analysis of a specific system to check for possible vulnerabilities to any intruder or any potential hacker.
- Assessing risk: This involves analysis of the identified risk and some measures to control it. The risk can be identified as low, medium or high.
- Security auditing: This testing includes the internal inspection of system and web application for any security flaws.
- Ethical hacking: It means hacking an organization software system. The sole purpose is to reveal security faults in the system.
- Posture assessment: This shows an overall security posture of an organization by combining its security scanning, risk assessment and ethical hacking.
Security testing is important for anyone who wants to make sure that their confidential data stays that way. The experts of Technonics Solutions play around the system to find bugs that might hinder the security of your system or network.